Saturday 5 December 2015

Magnificently fudgy black bean chocolate brownies



So the story behind this magnificent dessert is that I came across the recipe and I SOO but SOOO much wanted to try it... But I just couldn't find black beans... Finally, 2 days ago I've found dried ones. (they suggested canned ones in all the recipes). Anyways, I did not lose hope and went for it. Soaked it for a day and cooked it for quite some time till it eventually got soft (well that would not be necessary with a canned one). Sooo when I had my soft black bean I could start to make this magical, weird recipe :)...
*******************
A kind friend of my asked me, why I used "cup" measurement... well I didnt buy any fancy, proper "cup" just used one of mine and that became my "cup"... what I think is important is that the ratios/ proportions are correct... so any cup would do :)
*******************


Time
Prep (with canned bean) 10min + Baking 15-20min


Ingredients
 (cup in my case was 3 dl in volume)

1.5 half cup of canned black beans (or dried- BUT then precooked!)
2 tb spoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
1/2 cup of oats
2 pinches of salt
1/3 cup of maple syrup (I mixed it with agave)
2 tb spoons sugar
1/4 cup of coconut oil
Vanilla extract (flavor as preferred--- I usually use a tinsy-bit)
1 tb spoon of baking powder
2/3 cup of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate pieces)

You will need a mixer/ blender to make the paste, an oven :), and a small cooking tray, just to mention the most important ones :)


Magic
1. Preheat the oven to 180-190 degrees C
2. Mix all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) - I put straight to the blender
3. Blend it well til it becomes a nice "thick-ish" paste
3. Put the paste into a tart-tray or small cooking tray
4. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the top and with a spoon, stir it into the paste a little bit
5. Put it in the oven for 15-20 min (check if it gets firm)- you can check if its done with a toothpick (it shall not stick to it)
6. Let it cool a bit then serve it with whipped cream (I used coconut cream) and fruits (I used cranberries)

ENJOY guys... Yam yam for real!!!!





No comments :

Post a Comment